Diamonds may be Earth's hardest substance, but they are by no means indestructible. Know how to take care of that everlasting symbol of your love—your engagement ring. Here are some tips to help along the way.
- Bring your ring back to your jeweler at least once a year for a cleaning. Many jewelers will be happy to assist in the upkeep of your purchase. What is Meadows' policy here
- Remove your ring during athletic or rough activity. If it is hit too hard, it may get chipped.
- Keep your diamond in a lined jewelry box away from other jewelry, as they may scratch your diamond.
- Keep your ring away from household cleaners, especially chlorine bleach. Some household cleaners can damage your setting or diamond, making it dull or even affecting its color.
- Clean Jewelry Regularly. If you wear your jewelry on a daily basis, it will need a routine cleaning. You can do this by soaking it in sudsy warm water or by using a jewelry cleaner. This will remove the daily buildup of soap scum, natural oils, lotion, etc.